Saturday, September 22, 2007

Marissa's First "Girl's Day Out"



Now that the "olders" (Jessie & Justin) are off at college, Marissa and I are finding ways to start some new traditions together. Today we began our newest one: "Girl's Day Out" - each month, we're picking a Saturday to do something really fun together...This month, it was my turn to choose, and I surprised Marissa with a day at the Ringling Brother's Circus. I didn't tell her where we were going until
we pulled into the parking lot at Arco Arena, and her face literally lit up with excitement as soon as she finally found out what the "surprise" was! She kept saying - "Thank you, thank you, thank YOU MOM!!!" We had so much fun...check out the video of one of our favorite moments today watching "Isis, the Painting Elephant..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea! I can totally hear Marissa freaking out- how cute

Ashley said...

That totally reminds me when I was in Ringling Bro's/Barnum & Bailey when I was little! I won a contest and got to be in the circus!

Anonymous said...

that's right! You filled something out at Carl's Junior and then got to rideon a train around the arena and wear a seat belt! I was so jealous.