Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Training for the 5k

So I just finished my second day of training for a 5k! At the end of January I'm flying to Vegas for Kendall Tenney's 8th Annual 5k 'Run for a Wish'! I am very excited... I may have attended this run once before... and I may have walked the 1 mile fun walk instead of running the 5k... and everyone might have thought I was a wimp... so this year I'm making up for it!

I have been inspired for this run by three people:
*Firstly, Kendall Tenney, who also happens to be my bro-in-law and all around awesome guy...

*Secondly, my sister and twin Shelby Greer... if she's going to do it, you bet I'm going to do it too! What's better than one skinny twin? TWO!


*And lastly, Brittney Cramer, without whom I would not have been able to tell my roommates I was going "Wogging" tonight.


I've never particularly enjoyed anything about running, but these past two days have been very nice! I can already feel the endorphins (I've always thought that word looks like dolphins) I can already feel the dolphins! They are happy little things, and they make me feel good. A good reason why you should run too. :)

4 comments:

Britt said...

a) you're already both skinny twins!
b) i love that photo of us
c) YOU CAN DO IT!! it's going to be easy then hard then easy then hard, but you can totally rock that 5k!

Anonymous said...

That will be awesome! I will never be able to do that! Good luck!

Nancy said...

I am soooo inspired!

Anonymous said...

Me skinny! well... working on it....