Thursday, September 17, 2009

I didn't fall off a turnip truck yesterday!

Today I took a little field trip to a courthouse in Long Island (for work). I met lots of helpful people and watched lots of interesting people, and was startled by one man with a BOOMING voice who went chasing after another man (who was out of view) while screaming down the hall, "I didn't fall off a turnip truck yesterday, Bob! You think you can blah blah blah and sandbag me in the parking lot?! Oh, no! I did not fall off a turnip truck yesterday!"

A: I have never heard this phrase before.
B: When crazy started booming, it was scary!
C: A serious looking Police man followed and ended the tirade.

To me,
turnips and radishes look very similar... both not very pretty...







Turnip vs. Radish

When I see either it makes me think of the radish spirit from Spirited Away.Looking at Radish Spirit makes me understand why my sisters think Japanese animation is weird...

On a completely different note, I have the song "Walk Like A Man" stuck in my head and I couldn't be happier with the results of Project Runway tonight. Two completely unrelated and yet significant facts of the moment.
Good night!

No comments: