Tuesday, January 26, 2010

All's quiet on the Virginia front... mostly

I posted awhile back about jack hammers at midnight when I lived in NYC, and how excited I was to be moving to the suburbs where it's never loud at ALL! And then I moved here, and it was very quiet... and then one night I was laying in my bed and started to hear a faint helicopter noise. And then it got a little louder, and a little louder, and even louder! until it sounded like it was right above my complex, right above my building, about to CRASH INTO MY WINDOW!!!! Luckily, it did not. This noise scares me about three times a week. And each time as it gets closer, I pull my covers over my head- as if it will save me in the unlikelihood a helicopter really did come through my window. My point is, I was happy in NY despite the jack hammers, which I don't really miss. And I am happy here with my mostly quiet suburbs despite the crazy helicopter that almost crashes into my bedroom 3 times a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SCARY!