Friday, August 13, 2010

Valkyrie

Besides the fact that I love Tom Cruise (and all his movies)... I really liked Valkyrie. I was at the edge of my seat rooting for the good guys. Half way through a thought occurred to me- I already know the outcome. Not the finer details, though they did not shock or disappoint me. What an incredible movement that I have never even heard much about! German's trying to take down their leader from the inside out. Those people were good men, and they knew right from wrong, and they did all they could to stop a mad man (which by the way whoever played Hitler in the movie made him seem completely crazy). Anyways, this movie, along with a recent trip to the USMC museum has made me very very interested in learning about real life heroes, and less and less interested in fiction. There's so much more to learn and gain from history. So many brave men and women, and I'm super interested to learn more about them. All of them. :) See this movie if you like good movies about real life heroes!

1 comment:

Courtney and Matt said...

Ya this movie was pretty good! I think we watched it in Pohnpei. I need to learn more about history too...and the present for that matter!