Sunday, October 31, 2010

Drag Race

The Tuesday before Halloween, DC has this thing called the "High Heeled Drag Race" where men dressed in drag race for two blocks in high heels. While this was definitely not something I would have gone to on my own, I ended up at the event with some friends and made it all the way through the race where I found myself in complete shock. I'd seen this Tina Turner wig run by and joked that it was my friend Jimmy, only to find out at the end of the race that it WAS my friend Jimmy! He dressed up, not in drag, but as Jareth the Goblin King from "The Labyrinth" movie starring David Bowie. In high heels, mind you (just like David Bowie) and he ran in the Drag Race.

Jimmy and me (still in shock...)

A still from "The Labyrinth" movie of David Bowie and Toby, the baby he kidnaps.
Andrew and Jimmy (and baby Toby)
Jimmy and Toby

Jimmy, Toby and Whitney

No comments: